Thanksgiving is about togetherness . you will get Best Thanksgiving stuffing recipe here but who says it has to involve a huge group of people. Perhaps you are making dinner for yourself and a significant other or loved one. If you are creating a dinner menu for two this holiday, we have several ideas that could work for you, starting with the one above . Since it’s just two of you, perhaps a casserole could be a good idea. If you make this Turkey, Broccoli & Stuffing Casserole, you still get the Thanksgiving staples of turkey and stuffing in the mix. Nums The Word provides an easy recipe for this delicious dish and you can check it out by clicking here.
Matzo meal and chicken broth are added together slowly to ensure this stuffing is deliciously moist. Apples and cinnamon impart a surprising hint of sweetness.
Best Thanksgiving stuffing recipe
- 2 large onions
- 2 large Gala apples
- 3 stalk celery
- ½ c. olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning (preferably Bell’s)
- 1 box matzo meal
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients plus 1-teaspoon salt.
2. Add one-third matzo meal and 1 cup broth, stirring to mix. Add another third of meal and 1/2 cup broth; stir again. Repeat with remaining meal and broth. Stir until mixture is combined and has a moist stuffing-like consistency.
3. Transfer to an oiled 3-quart casserole dish, cover with a piece of oiled aluminium foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake until hot and browned on top, about 30 minutes more.
We also like to talk about the things we are thankful for and play a game or two.
We do not join the crowds at the movie theaters or do Black Friday shopping. Ok, maybe once in a blue moon, but really, I’m more of an online shopper myself.
Instead we stay home, spend time with our family and create as many memories as we possibly can. Because to us, that’s what the holidays are all about.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?